Introduction

Hi, I'm Ben Hazell. I used to blog here about the media, but now I work there I don't write here anymore.
I'm the Web Publishing Editor at Telegraph.co.uk - I find better ways to tell stories, developing tools, training and practice for journalists.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, LibraryThing, Spotify, and occasionally writing on Telegraph.co.uk

The Blog

Rarely updated now, used during Journalism MA at the University of Sheffield.

Shovelware

Saturday 23 February 2008
Shovelware - software used to quickly post newspaper stories online, copy and pasting it straight from the page to the internet.

Be wary or you can end up with mistakes like this:

"NGOs that refuse to be cheerleaders for the Kremlin – the British Council is Continued frrom page 1 merely the most prominent of many examples – are routinely harassed and, in some cases, closed down."

I imagine that lasted online for about ten minutes, so don't expect to still see it, but at least I now know the layout of tomorrows Sunday Times. Of course this in no way a criticism; it's just nice to see the inner workings exposed sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, please. Leave your name, don't be shy.

 
/* Google Analytics */