Introduction

Hi, I'm Ben Hazell. I used to blog here about the media, but now I work there I don't write here anymore.
I'm the Web Publishing Editor at Telegraph.co.uk - I find better ways to tell stories, developing tools, training and practice for journalists.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, LibraryThing, Spotify, and occasionally writing on Telegraph.co.uk

The Blog

Rarely updated now, used during Journalism MA at the University of Sheffield.

Hello massive Boingboing traffic - Not. [Epic Fail]

Monday 27 October 2008
I like Boingboing.

It's a very popular Blog - one of the biggest on the planet in fact, and the 2,083rd biggest website in the USA at the time of writing. A link up on there and... well I'll be able to add an exact figure tomorrow, but tens of thousands of extra readers show up.

If (and this part is crucial) if you get the address of your blog right. Otherwise it's just a nice post and a link that goes nowhere and lots of confused readers.

gjtm.blogger.com I wrote. gjtm.blogspot.com it is. Who knew.

So, great, I got a story posted to Boingboing. But, oh. What might have been.

Still, if I'd thought about it I'd have had a tidy up first anyway and posted something literate. Like the US election October Suprise post I've been working on that keeps being rapidly overtaken by the news. And I think avoiding the attention is probably more useful for me right now. Yes, that's my line and I'm sticking to it.

[Possibly corrected by morning]

1 comments:

Thom Poole said...

Tough luck on the link dude, but kudos for getting up there in the first place.

I like boingboing as well

Post a Comment

Thoughts, please. Leave your name, don't be shy.

 
/* Google Analytics */