Introduction

Hi, I'm Ben Hazell. I used to blog here about the media, but now I work there I don't write here anymore.
I'm the Web Publishing Editor at Telegraph.co.uk - I find better ways to tell stories, developing tools, training and practice for journalists.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, LibraryThing, Spotify, and occasionally writing on Telegraph.co.uk

The Blog

Rarely updated now, used during Journalism MA at the University of Sheffield.

The end of home Blogging as purpose and audience usurped

Monday 27 October 2008
Just a quick heads up:
Fascinating post from Wired - 2008, the end of blogs.

Not the death of blogging as such, but the death of personal blogs. Blogging powerhouses like Gawker and online link aggregators and magazines like Drudge or the Daily Beast now dominate, and half the functions of individual blogs are now well served by social networks. Link swapping and lifestyle commentary have now found homes and blogs have become professional.

An old idea I picked up from Jim Rossignol - The internet will become a set of personality based filters for content.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Filters... nice.

Post a Comment

Thoughts, please. Leave your name, don't be shy.

 
/* Google Analytics */